TERESIAN CONVENT

Rambla Nova Street unnumbered

In 1876 Enric d'Osso founded the Teresian religious company in Tarragona. The building was drawn by a student of A. Gaudi Bernardi Martorell. The building has a basement, ground floor and three upper floors. The entire assembly is covered by bricks giving it colour and a special texture. Inside we find a lobby with columns of clear Gaudi influence, reminding us of those in the hall in the Palau Guell viewpoint in Barcelona. Damaged during the Civil War, the monastery was rebuilt by Josep Maria Pujol. Today, besides being a convent, it is also a private education centre.